Zero-a Martin Hannett Story 1977-91 - Various Artists
|Subject to supplier availability|
This is an estimate only, shipping to your postcode may be more or less. Exact shipping charge is shown at checkout.
Special Order: Subject to supplier availability
Big Beat presents one of its most prestigious compilations ever, with a project that has taken almost two years to put together. A well-deserved, all-encompassing CD tribute to the late Martin Hannett – probably the highest-profile UK record producer of the Punk and post-Punk era.
Apart from the Smiths, Hannett produced almost every one of the most important Manchester bands -from the Buzzcocks and Magazine, via Joy Division and New Order through to the Stone Roses and Happy Mondays - and almost all of those that he produced are represented here.
Repertoire ranges from big UK chart hits (‘Pretty In Pink’, ‘Jilted John’, ‘Electricity’) to hard-to-find cuts by non-Manchester bands such as U2 and the Only Ones, and encompasses everything from Punk to New Romantic to Indie Dance.
One of the few post-1970s UK record producers to be as revered as the records he produced, Hannett died in 1991 but his influence lives on in every single indie record that’s made to this day.
- Boredom - BUZZCOCKS
- Cranked Up Really High - SLAUGHTER AND THE DOGS
- Jilted John - JILTED JOHN
- I Don't Want To Be Nice - JOHN COOPER CLARKE
- Dream Sequence 1 - PAULINE MURRAY AND THE INVISIBLE GIRLS
- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - U2
- Transmission - JOY DIVISION
- Conduct - THE DURUTTI COLUMN
- Electricity - ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK
- The Light Pours Out Of Me (Second Version) - MAGAZINE
- In A Lonely Place - NEW ORDER
- Oh Lucinda (Love Becomes A Habit) - THE ONLY ONES
- Nightshift - THE NAMES
- The Last White Christmas - BASEMENT FIVE
- Pretty In Pink - PSYCHEDELIC FURS
- Friendly Fires - SECTION 25
- Rebecca's Room - WASTED YOUTH
- All Tomorrow's Parties - NICO AND THE INVISIBLE GIRLS
- Quick As Rainbows - KITCHENS OF DISTINCTION
- Wrote For Luck - HAPPY MONDAYS
- She's A Rainbow - WORLD OF TWIST