Roots Of Frank Zappa, The - Various Artists
|Awaiting Stock – Order Now|
This is an estimate only, shipping to your postcode may be more or less. Exact shipping charge is shown at checkout.
Awaiting Stock: Usually ships within 4 days
Frank Zappa was a law unto himself. In the '60s he played musical backings to blue movies, unleashed psychedelic rock, did doo wop albums, discovered Alice Cooper, Wild Man Fischer and Captain Beefheart, began making classical albums, concept epics, the bizarre 200 Motels movie and inspired legions of air guitarists. He was outspoken and visionary embracing all music from the avant garde through to rock 'n' roll, the blues, jazz and all points between. His music became complex and multi-layered and the tracks compiled here go some way to illustrate what sparked his vivid imagination. This CD collects 20 of the diverse influences that helped create this unique sound.
- Johnny Guitar - Watson Space Guitar
- Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - Okie Dokie Stomp
- Hank Ballard & The Midnighters - Rock, Granny, Roll
- Johnny Otis - Head Hunter
- The Five Satins - To The Aisle
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Edgard Varese & Juilliard Percussion Orchestra - Ionisation
- Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
- Don & Dewey - Koko Joe
- 10.Guitar Slim - Oh Yeah!
- The Dubs - Could This Be Magic
- The Nutmegs - Story Untold
- Maro Ajemian - Third Interlude
- Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' At Midnight
- Muddy Waters - Standing Around Crying
- Sonny Boy Williamson - Don't Start Me Talkin'
- Hank Ballard & The Midnighters - Work With Me Annie
- Edgard Varese - Interpolations from Deserts: Interpolation III
- The Paragons - Florence
- The Spaniels - Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight