Not Available Online
For a long time, the divas would sing barefoot for the people in the Mindelo bars in exchange for a glass of wine or a dollar.As part of the mystical personality that is Cesaria Evora, we look at her everyday life. Cesaria embodied the tragic destiny of her country - songs of poverty, reflected in her as a symbol of the people of Cape Verde, the people who have struggled to survive in a thankless island.Without a doubt this a mixture of her emotions: suffering, fear, joy and nostalgia, the feelings that have seduced the Western Public in song.This is the true Cesaria Evora - generous and secretive.
- Petit Pays (Nando da Cruz)
- Xandinaha (Amandio Cabral)
- Tudo Dia E Dia (Manuel de Novas)
- Oriundina (B.Leza)
- Sangue De Beirona (trad / Aggrt Paulino Vieira)
- Areia De Salamansa (Abilio Duarte)
- D'Nhirim Reforma (Nando da Cruz)
- Miss Perfumado (B.Leza)
- Angola (Ramiro Mendes)
- Papa Joachin Paris (trad/ Arrgt Paulino Vieira)
- Cinturao Tem Mele (Luis Morais)
- Sodade (A. Cabral / L/Morais - A. Cabral)
- Consedjo (Ramiro Mendes)
- Tudo Tem Se Limite (Manuel de Novas)
- Rotcha 'Scribida (A.Cabral).
'She Was A Boy' presents the comeback of Yael Naim, with an album of 12 songs composed entirely in English. Yael offers us a mix of gentle as well as heartbreaking songs through strength and fragility.